[Coco] CoCoFEST Road Trip

Becker, Gary Gary.Becker at amd.com
Mon Dec 19 15:30:48 EST 2011

It is less than 5 months until the next CoCoFEST. I have too much equipment I want to take to fly. Also, I really hate fling. So I am considering driving to the Fest. I thought it might be good to rent a van and drive there picking up others as I went. Here is a link to the route Google Maps plotted.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20308746/cocofest.jpg

The route can easily be changed to pick up other people. Google Maps says it will take more than 19 hours on this route. I thought I would leave from the Austin Texas area some time on Thursday, arriving in Elgin in the late afternoon on Friday. Probably leave the Fest late on Sunday and arrive back on Monday.

I know everyone will want to know how much it will cost and I do not have any idea now. It will depend on the number of people, the size of the van, how far out of the way you are and how close you are to the fest. Might give an allowance for people willing to drive. If anyone is interested in joining the road trip send me a message. I will keep a list and we can work out the logistics. I know 5 months is a long time, but it will take a lot of time to get this type of trip planned.

Gary
Gary_L_Becker at yahoo.com<mailto:Gary_L_Becker at yahoo.com>