[Coco] 6x09 read and write strobes.

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Thu Dec 15 21:13:01 EST 2011

Phil

Not sure if this is too late or not.

The 6809 use the E clock to primarily sync with peripherals as well as internal uses. The Q
clock is an internal clock. The address bus as well as the RW line are all valid on the falling
edge of the Qclock after the falling edge of the Eclock. The falling edge of the Eclock starts a
new cycle. You can generate an Intel compatible Write enable output by inverting the RW line
and NANDing it with the Eclock.  A comparable Output Enable read signal is just NANDing
the RW line with the E clock.

james