[Coco] Trying to find out what signal a composite adapter is using.

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Dec 11 13:08:13 EST 2011

On Sunday, December 11, 2011 01:00:16 PM Mark Ormond did opine:

> I'm copying the coco2 composite video adapter from John's coco 2 and I
> was wondering if anyone knew what is located on the left side of c32
> (from the front) on a 8709416 board?
>
> Here is what I have so far.
>
> [cid:image002.png at 01CCB7FA.DB50E2C0]

Unforch, linux firefox STILL doesn't know what to do with a cid: address,
so I can't help there.

> Parts list.
>

> C1 1uf 50V
>
> C2 1uf 50V

These 2 capacitors will have about 2 years shelf life if they are
electrolytic, 5 volts or less of bias across them allows them to deform and
lose capacitance rapidly.  At 2 yo age, they will likely be less than .1 uf
in actual capacity.  Use the most compact mylar types you can find, they
will last at least till the rapture.

> C3 30pf
>
> C4 30pf
>
> C5 223Z (22nf)
>
> T1 NTE123AP
>
> T2 2N3904
>
> T3 NTE123AP
>
> R1 2.2K
>
> R2 1K
>
> R3 200K
>
> R4 41 ohm
>
> R5 220 ohm
>
> R6 200K
>
> R7 2.2K
>
> R8 3.3K
>

> GND = GND
>
> G = Pin 8 of MC1372P
>
> Y = Y on Modulator
>
> S = S on Modulator
>
> R = Left side of C32 (Looking from front)
>

> Later,
>
> dabone

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Lawrence Radiation Laboratory keeps all its data in an old gray trunk.