[Coco] Um3.init help needed

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Dec 11 01:04:09 EST 2011

On Sunday, December 11, 2011 12:57:00 AM Bill Pierce did opine:

> ok... got you now.
> Here's what I get on the VCC emulator running at 512k, 6309, nitros9
> 239. before running umuse3: mfree - blks=30 size=384
> umuse3 running with large score loaded: mfree - blks=13 size 152

Which is more free above than I have now, IF I didn't have 2 megs.
Besides, I was going by smap, which reports free system memory, which is 5k
before running umuse3.

With 39111's ubox3 running and a score playing:

{t2|07}/DD/NITROS9/dw3install/6309L2/SCRIPTS:mfree

 Blk Begin   End   Blks  Size
 --- ------ ------ ---- ------
  17  2E000  7DFFF   28   320k
  40  80000 1FBFFF   BE  1520k
                   ==== ======
            Total:   E6  1840k

So main memory is definitely not a problem, but system ram probably is,
again with 39111's ubox3 running:
{t2|07}/DD/NITROS9/dw3install/6309L2/SCRIPTS:smap

    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
 #  = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
 0  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 1  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 2  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
 3  _ U U U U U _ U U U U U U U _ U
 4  U U _ U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 5  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 6  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 7  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 8  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 9  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 A  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 B  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 C  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 D  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 E  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 F  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U .

 Number of Free Pages:  20
   RAM Free in KBytes:   5

Which is exactly the same as it would be if I hadn't started ubox3 ???

There is another message enroute.  I'll update that one when it comes back.
Probably tomorrow, its getting sleepy out. ;)