[Coco] file manager

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sat Dec 10 11:42:56 EST 2011

On 12/10/2011 07:50 AM, Brett Gordon wrote:
> My CocoBoot core system is more or less stable.  I don't plan on
> making any huge changes to the system, unless new hardware warrants.
> It's time for me to start writing some applications for the system.
> I figure the most handy utility would be a multi-device file manager
> for RSDOS filesystem, as suggested by Nick Marentes.  I'm looking for
> the communities thoughts and ideas for what it would like to see in a
> file manager, or feedback if this kind of app is even needed.

This sounds like a profoundly good idea to me.  I would like to see it
able to copy files between DriveWire and physical floppy disks, make DW
disk images into floppies and vice-versa, and do the same with
HDB-DOS-style disk images on IDE/SCSI drives.  It would also be very
nice to be able to copy files between OS-9 RBF formatted and RS-DOS
disks/images.  That would make many common file-shuffling jobs much easier.

JCE