[Coco] [Color Computer] Drivewire 3 breaks BASIC

plas tered swancity at internode.on.net
Thu Dec 8 09:17:12 EST 2011

I have both a PAL CoCo I and II with 64K and ECB and a cartridge with the Drivewire 3 EPROM inserted. Drivewire connects and works fine, however, most BASIC programs don't work. Commands like SOUND and PLAY as well as others either no longer work or hang the system.

For instance -

PLAY "A" <return>

Plays the A note indefinately, likewise

SOUND 10,10

Plays a note indefinately.

Same result on both my CoCo's. I have contacted the author to ask about this issue some time ago but after showing interest initially he never got back to me regarding a possible workaround. Has anyone else noticed this problem?