[Coco] Christmas Wish Device

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 15:26:32 EST 2011

Sorry if I'm being dense (its a specialty of mine), but what is the
purpose of using compact flash etc as a "ramdisk" if you can already
use it as a regular disk with actual decb and os9 commands?  And what
is the purpose of having more than 512K of ram, if not to use it as a
ram disk?

There is some possibility the superIDE could be used in the way
desired, but I'm not sure.  You could certainly treat is as a linear
blob of 256 byte sectors without a filesystem.

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Paulo Lindoso <paulo.lindoso at gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as I read the documentation, it acts as a disk device, but the rest
> of the community can jump in to help!
>
> Your idea is in a way much more interesting, specially if accompanied by
> some sort of RAMDisk implementation mixed up with RAM extension...  One
> could probably put ALL CoCo stuff in the "RAMDisks" and "transfer" them to
> RAM with simple DECB-like or OS-9-like commands...  It would be very cool.
>
> Cheers,
> Paulo.
>

> On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 5:02 PM, Robert Hermanek <rhermanek at centurytel.net>wrote:
>
>> I'm not familiar with the SuperIDE but I know it has a CF slot, right?  Is
>> the CF card exposed in some direct fashion via registers/etc like I
>> described below, or do you have to access it through disk controller
>> functions as a disk device?
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Paulo Lindoso" <
>> paulo.lindoso at gmail.com>

>>> http://about.me/pbal<http://**email.about.me/wf/click?c=**
>>> e86tqVWFYsEogZdu8cwmbpAZwRtFkP**jZS8Z3nwSDfjU%3D&rp=**
>>> TDQggGXPgxMn1%2FQoMR%**2F7Bsr00fO9wne%**2B4zDSBQ93vWI1BH%**
>>> 2FOlrnU7zrQ0H0iAWgQyYyB6YfryJh**LcifwbBLZ98yd6yex7cp06Yzq3Q1Sp**