[Coco] And speaking of crazy CoCo Ebay auctions

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Dec 7 11:19:33 EST 2011

On Wednesday, December 07, 2011 11:08:41 AM John Musbach did opine:

> On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 10:34 AM, Rogelio Perea <os9dude at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Someone has the wrong idea about CoCo joysticks:
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/7q4pxvj
> >
> > No effort at all to top things off -> "Look to be in good shape, but
> > could use a light cleaning"
>
> At least they accept best offers. :)

Well, having 3 or 4 of them myself, and finding them unusable because the
hit point was only where the pointer was about 10% of the time, I suppose
one could use one to drive my milling machine provided a pair of new A/D's
that actually worked could be designed and built.  But I have a Saitek game
pad that works for that now.  Stuff like this is for the nostalgia crowd
only.  Since I already have several, bought back in the day looking for one
that actually worked, even an 8 pack of them are worth exactly zero to me.

The final fix?  A serial mouse.  Dead accurate, dead smooth, real time or
close enough at 2400 baud that its a never mind.  The only other mouse I
would call better was the amiga mouse, but that puppy was quadrature all
the way to the end of the cable, meaning a 9 wire cable.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
The first requisite for immortality is death.
		-- Stanislaw Lem