[Coco] COCO 2 to VGA

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Dec 5 21:06:56 EST 2011

On Monday, December 05, 2011 08:49:41 PM Louis Ciotti did opine:

> I did not think this list was searchable...

Humm, I assumed (bad dog, no biscuit tonight) that the coco list was one
that never got expired on anyone's machine, guess not, and of course for
new joiners it was a dumb suggestion.  20 lashes with a wet noodle?  :)
gmane probably has a searchable archive though, but I haven't needed to try
it.  Here on this machine, the corpus of the coco list goes back to mid
2002 & is a couple gigabytes plus. :)

Anyway, email to <RJRTTY at aol.com> and ask Roy what the status & pricing
options of the latest converter is/are.  I have been doing 'alpha' testing
so I have a pre-production board, no case, & no psu needed for my hacked up
coco3.

This converter is for coco3's only, but the list had a message earlier
today suggesting how to handle the earlier models, one of which would be go
go get a small lcd tv and let it do the conversion since those will
generally still handle the old, nearly NTSC format of the earlier signal.
There is a switch on the back of the coco's that selects channel 3 or
channel 4, one of which should be clean enough to use in your locale.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
The executioner is, I hear, very expert, and my neck is very slender.
		-- Anne Boleyn