[Coco] Primer for NitrOS-9?

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Dec 4 11:24:42 EST 2011

On Sunday, December 04, 2011 11:20:14 AM Dean Leiber did opine:

> On Dec 3, 2011, at 10:28 PM, gene heskett wrote:
> > IMO, you need both level 1 and level 2 docs to get the full set,
> > mainly
> > because the assembler stuff is only in the level one package, while
> > the
> > best set of module definitions is in the level 2 manuals.  Level 1
> > is about
> > 2" thick in the original package, and level 2 is about 3.5" thick
> > in the
> > original versions, and they go into details that I have never seen
> > before,
> > or since, the most complete education on how an OS works, even
> > better than
> > the amigados docs were back in that day.
>
> I believe all the docs for OS-9 Lv1 & 2 , C, Pascal, Dev System,
> Multi-Vue should all be available
> via ftp from the maltedmedia site.  They were all scanned for the
> CoCo/OS-9 Documentation
> Project. I can't answer if the versions on-line were the latest
> printings, but basically everything
> should be there. The Level 1 Docs even have all the addenums. I know,
> I scanned it. You can
> also look at the www.os9projects.com website, home of the
> documentation project.
>

> Dean

Thanks Dean, I was hoping that hadn't fallen thru the cracks.  I hope you
don't have any bandwidth limits.  Oh oh, I just got a 403 on that site,
several times.  I hope its not serious.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
To iterate is human, to recurse, divine.
		-- Robert Heller