[Coco] Coco1 I got today has a unknown board in it.

Mark Ormond markormond at mtxsystems.com
Wed Aug 31 13:30:36 EDT 2011

I got a coco1 off ebay in today and it has a strange board that plugs into the sam slot, then the sam plugs into it, then it has 2 leads going to memory chips that are double stacked to the original socketed ram on the motherboard, but have pins 9 and 15 tied to flying leads coming off the board. (Pin 9 is A7, pin 15 is CAS). I can't tell what the lower ram chips are because they are soldered to the new ones.

I'm guessing this was a 128k upgrade maybe? Since the board has a 16k/64k jumper.

The motherboard is this type.

http://www.thecocolounge.com/images/mobo64K1.jpg

Picture of the board is here.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4360/20110831122139.jpg

Also the power switch is broken, so I'd like to find an extra.
(Anyone have one on a dead board?)

Later,
dabone