[Coco] Coco3 System problem

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Aug 27 19:21:37 EDT 2011

On Saturday, August 27, 2011 07:14:21 PM john T Chasteen did opine:

> Thanks Gene
>
> I am printing this e-mail and try what you suggest.
>
> I think my neighbor has a strobe light.

Florescent lights also work, you can generally see the black and reddish
pattern wobbling around.  If the pattern turns a full turn (backwards=slow,
forwards=fast) in under 10 seconds, and its a belt drive, the belt may be
slipping.  Occasionally one can find the speed pot and turn it up to
compensate but it generally won't last that long.  Belts?  No clue where to
find _fresh_ ones today.

> What are there Specification on RPM ?

The only 5.25 that spins at 360 is the 96 tpi's that claim 1.2 meg
capacity.  Everything else spins at 300.

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My web page: <http://204.111.67.138:85/gene>
One Bell System - it used to work before they installed the Dimension!