[Coco] C Compiler Website / Archive Question

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 22:42:14 EDT 2011

I think the answer can be found on Dennis Ritchie's own web site:
http://cm.bell-labs.com/who/dmr/

Look in the section labeled "C and its immediate ancestors "  for the text:

There is also a slightly earlier (January 1974) version of the C
manual, in the form of an uninterpreted PDF scan of a Bell Labs
Technical Memorandum, visible here, if you can accommodate 1.9MB.

If you click "here", you will see a document containing the exact text
as the "R book", as far as I read (first few pages).