[Coco] Anyone else collect other old computers/game consoles beside the Coco?

Jeremy Michea jmichea at cogeco.ca
Fri Aug 26 07:28:09 EDT 2011

I'm seeing some very impressive stories and collections mentioned here.
Thanks for sharing. I really enjoy reading these :)

I too remember the days when yard sales were plentiful with retro
hardware and software. I'd frequently come home with bags of Atari games
and systems for next to nothing because it was all viewed as valueless.
I once hit a yard sale that had an Atari 2600 with 120 games for $10 :D

I once put a wanted ad in the local paper for Atari 2600 items (around
1991 or 92 IIRC) and someone answered who traveled for work and had a
lot of very rare games, complete in their box. I walked away with over
300 unique titles and a dozen systems for $125. Sadly I got rid of that
original collection a long time ago and I too let it go for a fraction
of its value. Of course I had no idea about rarity and value. They were
all just old games.

Who knows, maybe I had a $32,000 Air Raid in there. :-O