[Coco] 8GB MicroSD Drive Pak

Roger Taylor taylor at newfoal.com
Wed Aug 24 17:06:13 EDT 2011

At 03:20 PM 8/24/2011, you wrote:

>>Robert made a Black Cauldron image so I don't know why I don't have
>>it on the card?  Btw, how would one boot into any given game if
>>they're all on the same partition?  Currently, each game is booted
>>by typing DOS #"GAME"  where GAME is the partition name.
>
>You create a 30 meg OS-9 partition, name it "SIERRA" and put the
>Sierra executables in the cmds folder (Sierra, MnLn, Scrn, Shdw).
>Then you create a folder for each Sierra game. To start playing, you
>change the current folder for the desired game and type "sierra".
>
>Example: to play Space Quest 1, one would type:
>
>DOS #"SIERRA"
>cd sq1
>sierra
>
>It's as simple as that. The execution is not automated but I prefer
>that rather than having 18 partitions.
>
>Guillaume

There's *plenty* of room for your mass drive with all the games and
I'll also include the single booting versions as well to make things complete.

A Drive Pak partition is a "named group of disks" and not exactly
like a PC drive partition, and you can have thousands without
worrying.  So, to make booting the OS-9 games seamless I put each on
its own partition so a new user won't have to figure out how to
ultimately launch the games.  I've sold the paks to new CoCo users
and some vinties who aren't too hip around OS-9.

If you can fit the games on the current 30mb NitrOS-9 disk on the
card feel free to do that or make your own partition and submit
either one to me in .par format (CoCoPAK utility) and I will merge
the partition back onto the release card.

And thanks a million for these unbelievable OS-9 game
conversions!  We owe you Big Time for this.  I want to be a kid again
because of these games!!  :)

--
~ Roger Taylor