[Coco] stuff was Re: Microware C Compiler question

Sun Aug 21 23:40:10 EDT 2011

Hi,

Willard, by half time I had begun to suspect that I had reacted incorrectly,
by the 4th quarter I was convinced.

I then had ~ 30 questions which are all MOOT to what I am working on first.

A two Meg CoCo Emulator with a VHD is what I am directing my attention to.

I am building the C Compiler web site with the latest tools that everyone is
expected to use with the files all in the same place used in the same way.

This is in response to Dean's encouragement for me to document the efficient
C Compiler setup I had developed twenty years ago, but now updated to today.

Much of what is suggested to OP's questions on this list is NOT going to be
included! Well, as perhaps old history as I have already started that list.

When I first got the idea for a C compiler site it was to be 95+% words
and ideas, what I have seen from Dean is just a few files and those have
not changed in months so he is busy doing other things.

I do not know if the 13 posts created are sufficient, starting from zero to
90 just today with no prior planning may require starting over at some point
and then asking the old thread be deleted.

> > While I like cc252, I'm not going to shove my mere opinion down anybody
> else's throat.

Sorry, that position is one that so many people have taken that a giant
tangle of bad choices have been made forcing me to gag.

It's CC2xx now and forever for the main stream C compiler usage. Same for
other choices, but the choices will be explained and will be part of a
coherent efficient system that is documented.

The intent is to allow C programmers to concentrate on the programs they are
developing, not the C compiler tool system.

I have lots to do before the set of web pages start to take shape, and I
have like everyone else, many other things to do.

I was going to do this off-line with my word processor generating HTML
pages, but then others helping would be very hard. I hope this is a better
way and will produce a better result.

PMs on the CoCo Forums is a good way to pass ideas to me as well as my main
e-mail address which members of the "[CoCoList for Color Computer
Enthusiasts]" have, or Nani's mailbox can be used.

mailto:a_nani_mouse at mindspring.com

SHF