[Coco] Microware C Compiler question

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sun Aug 21 01:44:00 EDT 2011

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 03:47:42PM -0400, Todd Wallace wrote:

> I have two questions about the OS9 Microware C compiler.  First, how
can I tell which version I have?

There's only one version from Tandy.  For patches/upgrades you'd have to
check filesizes and checksums.  And filenames.

>And second, do the latest patched versions etc that are out there still
>have it hardcoded to require certain libraries or include files to be on
>/DD in order to work?

That can be easily patched.  Actually, your copy's been patched because,
IIRC, the compiler originally looked on /d1 for libraries and header
files.  /dd is a Level 2 thing and the compiler was only released as a
LI package.

If you're using CC252 there's a data module named ccdevice that names
the drive where it looks for libs.  The header file path is hard-coded
into the preprocessor.

I recommend looking through the mailing list archive for threads about C
libraries and stuff.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA