[Coco] NitrOS-9 Directory Issue

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Aug 17 00:52:09 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 12:26:43AM -0400, Mike Rowen wrote:
> I ran dcheck /d0 and it reports 18 clusters in allocation map but not in
> file structure. I couldn't readily find much info on dcheck to even know if
> this means this is an issue or normal.

To answer this part first, that's normal for a boot disk.  The boot
track (18 sectors = 18 clusters on a normal floppy) are marked allocated
but there's no filename for them.  On a DSDD disk that's clusters
$4C8-$4D9.

I never use EDIT but it probably left a temp file in /d0/MIKE that should
be deleted... (Willard RTFMs) Yeah, when you edit an existing file it
wants to create a file called SCRATCH.  That's probably your error 218.
del /d0/mike/scratch and you should be good to go.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard