[Coco] Help in seeking parts

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Sun Aug 14 10:38:33 EDT 2011

The CoCo power supply is part of the motherboard. I believe what you're referring to as the power supply is the transformer, which is the only separate part. I don't recall what the output of the transformer is, but someone on here should be able to help you there. Then it's just a matter of finding one with similar output and mounting it.

Download "Tandy's Little Wonder" from.... well, it's disappeared. The old version is on the list site but the revised version (2007) is not. The old one appears to be a scanned in version, the revised is a direct from source PDF file. Someone has been helping Dennis organize the files on the site and things aren't where they used to be. I'll send you a copy via e-mail, just drop me a not stating you want one.

Inside there is repair information and schematics. Some of the schematics are copies of copies (of copies?) and aren't real clear, but should help. There is also info on bypassing the CoCo's built-in power supply and connecting an external, such as a PC power supply. That might help.