[Coco] CoCo 3 to RBG...

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Aug 9 20:51:11 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, August 09, 2011 08:42:19 PM Steve Batson did opine:

> Forgive me if I missed the answer to all of this....I've been away on
> vacation, there's been multiple threads about the topic and I'm not
> sure what my next step should be...
>
> Remember, I purchased the card, built the appropriate CoCo to CGA cable,
>  and couldn't get it to work from CoCo to my LCD Monitor with a SVGA
> connector. I have not built the circuit offered combine the sync
> signals yet. I basically have 2 questions:
>
> 1) Has anyone got it working without the extra circuit?

I haven't heard of it if someone has.

> 2) Is it working well using just the board and the extra circuit?

I currently have it working with a diode OR and invertor comnbiner, and the
pix is great, but am trying to locate a round tuit and try an even easier
circuit, I currently have another chip to do the mixing sitting on top of
IC15.  I have the chips here, but several things have contrived to take up
my time recently, like my milling machine blew its drivers for the 3rd
time, so I have some heavier duty ones on a rowboat from Hong Kong.  In the
meantime I've put an older 3 axis driver in until the bigger ones get here.
And this weather is making wood working difficult, throw a coat of finish
on and watch it warp, so that project isn't making real great progress.