[Coco] 6502 to 6809 translation

Mon Aug 1 23:13:23 EDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "gene heskett" <gheskett at wdtv.com>
To: <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011 7:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] 6502 to 6809 translation

> On Monday, August 01, 2011 10:17:45 PM Stephen H. Fischer did opine:

>> I do not know if my original disks from Edgar M. (Bud) Pass, Ph.D. are
>> readable.
>
> I may have some originals, and I do mean original, level 1.00.00 defs and
> all, disks around someplace. I used that as a framework, Bud's code is
> very well composed, and anyone who took his classes was being taught by
> the
> best.

Those disks are so old that you had better do a full format before looking
at them!

If you can find the disks, I will put then next to the DOC's  given before.

> My site has a Sleuth that I updated to level 2 defs, and I believe I later
> fixed it for 6309 codes too. But I didn't touch the 6502 stuff it can also
> do. I always considered the original 6502 as on a KIM-1, as being one of
> the two early cpu's, the z-80 was the other, that were at best dane
> bramaged.

Actually AFAIK the 6502 was the next CPU designed by the folks that did the
6800.

I put your sleuth next to it's DOC's given before. Thanks!

If you liked sleuth so much, if it were not for your intense MS/INTEL
dislike, I have a dissembler for x86 that blows any other dissembler that
you would have liked.

It actually is an emulator that simulates executing the instructions thus
determining on it's own what is data and what is code. Very good!!! And the
only way to do an dissembler right.

But I purchased the version that does not do 32 bit binaries, I was not
aware that it did not do them. I got busy and never purchased the better
version. By that time programs had gotten so complex that only the hackers
used that dissembler before generating even better dissemblers. (Ever wonder
how the groups competed with each other delivering cracks so fast?).

SHF