[Coco] Turbo DriveWire and CoCoNet

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Apr 30 21:54:45 EDT 2011

At 08:27 PM 4/30/2011, you wrote:
>Let's consider this a mutual announcement that both DriveWire and
>CoCoNet will shortly support 230k operation, both using techniques
>that come from the same brilliant programmer.
>
>I know there is a history between the two products, and sometimes that
>leads to unpleasant discussions.  In fact, I think we are just about
>due for the traditional annual feud :)  However I think Darren is too
>valuable a resource in the CoCo community to involve in any of that
>silly business.  I hope we can congratulate him on a job well done and
>leave it there.
>
>-Aaron

The annual feud.  heheheh.  Well, you caught me already in tears
already from laughing hard at a video a buddy echoed to me from
youtube, that darned Harper Valley PTA video, reminded me just how
old I'm getting and how country this country was back in 1980.  :)  I
think he's sitting at home drinking beer worrying about how bad work
will be Monday morning at UPS, so he's sending me funny videos while
I'm trying to work on Phoenix and CoCoNet... on a Saturday
night!!  Ouch.  I should be on a date, but heck no...  :)

Yes, Darren is one of the unsung CoCoNuts among us who has
contributed some valuable efforts towards some of the stuff I put out
there.  I just went back and tested the 230400 bps demo he sent to me
for eyeballing all the way back on Jan 5, 2009 if that gives you an
idea of how time passes quickly in the CoCo world!!  Amazing demo
even in it's early stage.

Keep pushing the CoCo!!  We've got some other vinties out there who
are showing us up on a few gadgets already.  I thought I saw a
streaming video pak for the Timex Sinclair on youtube?  Mostly
hardware, and useless in the real world, but it looks very similar to
the new version of the CoCo video player... so maybe we beat them in
that challenge.

--
~ Roger Taylor