[Coco] Turbo DriveWire

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 17:15:01 EDT 2011

You are correct about the cabling, bitbanger pin 1 + 2 connected.
Also,before everyone heats up the soldering irons, I should have said
that support for this is not yet available in the premade DriveWire 4
packages.  It is still being tested (though most of the tests so far
have involved me figuring out various things that I have done wrong..
Darren's code seems quite solid).  There are still some implementation
issues to be sorted out so we can make the 230k mode available as
easily as possible to existing DW users.  Besides the cable
modification, there is no new hardware needed.  While the new mode can
be used with existing DW3 roms, it will probably require an extra
step.  If you have a SuperIDE controller with flash ROM slots, or a
way to burn a rom, it would probably be worth the effort, but I think
we can also make it fairly painless for people who have DW3 roms and
don't want to replace them.

-Aaron