[Coco] how add commands and functions to DECB

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 23:14:19 EDT 2011

That is a good article.  I was using a similar project from the
Rainbow as a guide for my attempts.

Since suggesting the addition of new commands for DW, a wise coconut
pointed out that rather than adding commands, a better approach would
be to integrate with BASIC's existing I/O system.  I really like this
alternate approach.  Rather than new, dedicated commands for DW I/O,
you could use PRINT #x, INPUT, etc with the 15 DriveWire channels
being individual device numbers.  This would allow some really neat
stuff.

So.. now I am going stumble down the road towards this type of
implementation, and as always if anyone knows how to do this and wants
to help, your assistance is most welcome.

-Aaron