[Coco] Hot CoCo Request

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 08:30:34 EDT 2011

Good morning CoCo fans,

I've got several of the MIA 1984 Hot CoCo issues. I've scanned 32 pages of
one and uploaded here: ftp://ftp.maltedmedia.com/incoming/

The file is 1984-05-Hot_CoCo.pdf

The magazine was scanned with a Xerox ColorQube copier, using their built in
OCR functions. I've looked it over and think it looks pretty good. If every
one like what they see, I'll continue the process and scan all of the ones I
have - 5 or 6 I think.

Brian

2011/4/24 Luis Fernández <luis46coco at hotmail.com>

> Ok thank aaron
>
> > Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 18:56:40 -0400
> > From: aawolfe at gmail.com
> > To: coco at maltedmedia.com
> > Subject: Re: [Coco] Hot CoCo Request
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Tim Lindner's project is the only way I know of to produce perfect OCR
> > for copying code.  The OCR I have done on the Rainbows is far
> > inferior.  It is useful for searching the text with fuzzy match such
> > as Google does on cococoding.com.  It also makes things easier to read
> > due to Adobe's "ClearScan" technique where it enhances the text.  But,
> > you will never have good results copying and pasting text or code from
> > the mags I did OCR on, that takes something like what Tim is doing.
> >
> > The indexes can be added with any decent PDF editor.  I did not change
> > this as I processed the files, so if they had one originally, they
> > have one now.
> >
> > All processing was done with Adobe Acrobat Pro, either version 9 or 10
> > as it took me over a year to process all the files.
> >
> > -Aaron
> >

> > 2011/4/24 Luis Fernández <luis46coco at hotmail.com>:
> > >

> > > Hi Aaron
> > >
> > > I'm ordering, HOT COCO AND color computer magazine
> > >
> > > but I see that the draft tim linder cocomag.com, is very slow. almost
> did not help
> > >
> > > I want to ask something, you've made PDF with automatic OCR is not
> perfect, as it can be used in programs.
> > >
> > > I wonder what is done with a tool (adobe directly?)
> > >

> > > And it would be extraordinary if it could correct the OCR to PDF with
> OCR is perfect,
> > > and programs would have artiiculos perfect. that would be ideal.
> > >
> > > I would like to do some tests with the new OCR, must have improved a
> lot, since Tim
> > > started with his titanic effort, and would like to help.
> > >
> > > Besides that would be better as a PDF, much like today but they could
> also make
> > > the text and software properly, is that possible?
> > >

> > > I would also like to index pages and chapters in the current as they
> come in some PDFs,
> > > you know how it's done, if I point out, maybe I'm dedicated
> > > to that purpose.

> Coco

Ohioan by birth, Floridian by the grace of U-Haul and a bad economy...