[Coco] test 6

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue Apr 26 16:55:45 EDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 03:35:38PM -0500, Sean wrote:
> What are we testing on the mailing list?

My new sendmail.cf

For many years I've simply telneted or sshed into my isp's server and
read my mail there.

Unfortunately my housemate's facebook addiction has made this pretty
annoying -- about like running EMACS over a 300 baud modem.

It's easy to grab my mail off the isp, but outgoing mail was another
story.  I have my own tcp/ip net here, a 168.192 private block, and
email running on various UNIX boxes.  Didn't want to mess that up.

So, inspired by Gene, I determined to face the lovecraftian horror of
sendmail.cf and make sendmail lie about who it was, if and only if the
message was going onto the internet.

I seem to have succeeded!  Yea me!

As for sendmail.cf?  Enough M4 can make anything nearly readable! :-)

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard