[Coco] Game Developers Wanted

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Mon Apr 25 18:44:00 EDT 2011

 > Well, my hand is up.

The only sale of your CoCo games was only done through e-bay (maybe) of
which you would have got nothing for.

Indirect sales from some license or evolution of programming work done,
I can believe, but not from direct sales of CoCo games.

 > As for old 20+ year old apple II games, Jordan Mechner is not doing to
 > bad. While Prince of Persia did good when it first came out, he done a
 > lot better his decade when his game was converted from 2-D to 3D. Let
 > us not forget the movie that got him some $$$$ too.

Jorden Mechner ALSO does not make money from the direct sale of his
Apple II game, Prince of Persia. He makes it from licences used in the
develpment of new versions and the movie.

 > Yep, these old games can still make money.
 > Steve

You've re-interpreted my comments.

Let's be clear...

I have created my Game Developers website to encourage and promote the
work of programmers for the development of new games for the TANDY COLOR
COMPUTER.

Any programming they do, they do for the challenge and gratification of
creating new product for our Color Computer without the lure of money as
it was during the early years of the Color Computer when it was still in
production.

Of course, it may be possible to make "a few bucks" on the sale of a few
copies but this does not constitute "making money". I can earn more in a
lot less time polishing shoes on a street corner!   :)

If there was truly real money to be made from programming games for the
Color Computer, you yourself would have been doing so.

Game programming of new titles for the Color Computer is nowadays "an
act of love".

I think most of us can clearly see this and would agree.

Nick Marentes