[Coco] Software testing for FDC emulator

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat Apr 23 18:02:34 EDT 2011

Darren A wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 4:12 AM, Robert Gault  wrote:
>>
>> Darren,
>> Does your program handle the read track command? That command is used by 7th
>> Link.
>>

> --
>
> Yes. All commands are supported except for certain "condition" flags
> in the Force Interrupt command.
>
> The Read Track portion appears to be working correctly.
>
> Darren

Well I've located the data for the initial graphics in T33-T39. The display
screen is just the standard HSCREEN2 mode and I can display the screen with any
version of MESS if I write a short Basic program to load the data to the
standard location.
It is the boot program itself that moves the edges of the screen. It must be the
proprietary disk I/O routines reading incorrect data as the GIME is correctly
set up by the boot program.

With MESS, this type of error generally is a timing issue. Perhaps that's your
problem also.

You have not said if you want the disassembly of the 7th Link boot program.