[Coco] Heat management 101

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Fri Apr 15 17:20:25 EDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rogelio Perea"

> Was doing my daily Ebay stroll and came up to this:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5ts8rls
>
> How bad could it be inside that CoCo to have the case "modded"
> like so for ventilation? That is an avant-garde vents job.
>
> -- RP

The early "F" board CoCo 1s had a timing issue that was initially thought to
be heat related.  Although my thinking is that the white ones were the last
run of the CoCo 1 and that problem should have been addressed.

Those vent holes are over the transformer and power supply chips, so they
would vent the worst of the heat, not that a CoCo had much to vent though.

Bruce W.