[Coco] Curious game no coco

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Thu Apr 14 16:58:48 EDT 2011

This type of game does not lend itself for predefined/precomputed water
because the user can change the path of the water.  That's the whole
idea behind the game.

Also, the flow of water blocks from a given point does not always move
the same direction or speed.  At 1:39 into the game demo, the water
blocks flowing from the same point but do not end up going to the same
place.  Some split to the right and some to the left.

At first, it looks like the stream is splitting in half.  But when the
stream is just 1 block wide (around 1:45) they sometimes go to the left
and other times to the right.  To me it looks random at this point.  The
random effect only kicks in when there are two or more equal directions
to pick from.

I've done falling water (well more like streams of water) in my games
before and this weighting system works well.
As for weighting the directions,  Falling is always the greatest.  Next
would be moving in the same direction and so on.

Steve