[Coco] GIME behavior

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Wed Apr 13 19:22:07 EDT 2011

Darren,

I went back and looked at one of my designs real quickly. Working on other things ATM...

Are you sure $ff90 is write only? You got me wondering now....I don't think it is...Can I change my position? :)

My use of tracking GIME bits was because the hardware had to modify some signals. Then I tacked the bits back on for the readback.

Looking at my documentations and I can't find exactly what I am looking for......

But I am not seeing that the GIME is write only in that area.

Bits that are not used of course can be tacked on and used.

A peek of $ff90 should reveal data.....Ok, just tore down my test setup in the lab and did a quick peek at ECB powerup.

$ff90 = $7e at powerup. That looks correct per the memory map in the service manual.

Regards,

Mark