[Coco] 2GB MicroSD Drive Pak status

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Apr 11 11:22:55 EDT 2011

To my fellow CoCoNuts and customers,

Because of a progressing "problem" with getting the cases made for my
mini paks, I am temporarily slowing the orders for the Drive Paks and
any other mini paks until further notice.

But wait: this does NOT mean these items won't be available for
sale.  What this means is that with the Buy Now buttons in place on
my site, I simply cannot take any more orders which are outrunning my
ability to have a machined mini case for the paks.

Let me further explain: it takes a long time to get the pak cases
made, with no guarantee.  When I sell a pak, I'm making a promise to
deliver the product that was ordered.  If the cases run out... time
to invoke plan B.

*****  So... if you have ordered a Drive Pak, you WILL get your Drive
Pak.  ******

I know who you are.  You are in queue with the other Drive Pak
customers.  I understand why you're writing me asking how long it's
going to be.  I understand that several months is too long to wait
for some people.  I understand that half a year is too long.  I
understand that a year is too long.  For some people, 5 days was
enough to cause an uproar and a PayPal dispute.  I wish I were a
Wal-Mart and could run the counter quicker with more people, but it's
not that way here.

Now, because some people like to speed read my messages and jump my
ass out of context, let me FURTHER explain:

The Drive Pak is not going away.  I am SLOWING down the orders until
I figure out where to get the next cases made!!  I don't want to use
game pak cases unless I absolutely have to.

At this time, it looks like based on the # of cases I have coming
(maybe the last batch, who knows), I can take *8* more Drive Pak
orders that are guaranteed the non-game-pak case which is a rock
solid "unbreakable" vinyl or plastic case.

******  If you want a Drive Pak, I suggest that you order one now
before the button vanishes from coco3.com indefinately.  If you want
a pak later, you can write me and ask how to order one and expect it
to be in a game pak case, worst case scenario.  Either way.... it's
still a Drive Pak.

PLEASE, if you have any personal comments, attacks, flames, or
whatever, please just throw it at me privately.  I just wanted to
post a bulletin here and I don't want to get involved in a heated
thread about why it's not easy running a CoCo business.

Again, 8 Drive Paks are up for grabs before I go into "Plan B" mode.

Thanks to everyone who has bought any kind of mini pak from me.  I
truly enjoy building them!!

Roger Taylor

--
~ Roger Taylor