[Coco] Funny Ebay... in a good way now

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Wed Apr 6 11:21:32 EDT 2011

> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 11:52:49 -0400
> From: Rogelio Perea<os9dude at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Coco] Funny Ebay... in a good way now
> To: coco at maltedmedia.com
>
> Not my auction.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160568835202
>
> Amongst the crazy 'rare' and overpriced CoCo related auctions on Ebay, I
> think this one is somewhat fairly set considering it is a complete setup
> deal - not thrilled on the Buy Now price, that probably may appeal to the
> got-to-have-it! collectors.
>
> What brought up a chuckle was the last line on the auction's description:
>
>>> Period appropriate rock and roll stickers included at no charge.<<

That is a nice setup; I don't think I've ever seen a complete "gray
case" system before (before now, I didn't even know the MPI was
available in the gray case). My exposure to the CoCo started with the
white-case CoCo 2 w/ 16K; I knew of the gray-cased CoCo (my jr high had
a couple), but they were connected to tape decks, no floppy drives.
That, and pictures in the Rainbow.

It's a very fair price (he could probably easily get the $200.00 from a
collector if the stickers weren't on). I'm almost tempted to bid on it -
but I don't have the room to put it anywhere! LOL.

-- Andrew L. Ayers, Glendale, Arizona