[Coco] REAL dumb question

Little John sales at gimechip.com
Mon Sep 20 19:44:34 EDT 2010

Yeah, I've seen the OSx86 project and have seen many youtube videos - but I
do have a real Mac, so haven't tried it - I honestly believe OS-X and it's
Mach kernel could be a serious contender if it were released as such. I love
the interface. Don't get me wrong, I use windows and linux too, but OS-X is
just beautiful :) I've often thought of trying to compile a linux kernel
with a simplified directory structure (i.e. OS-9-like ... CMD, SYS, etc) but
never seem to get around to it. Don't even know if I have the skills....
Since Apple has always been a hardware company I doubt OS-X will ever be
released as a standalone operating system. This does have the benefit of
Apple knowing exactly what hardware needs to be supported and thus being
able to offer a continually stable OS.