[Coco] Software offer and Drive Pak solution

Little John sales at gimechip.com
Sun Sep 19 01:42:39 EDT 2010

William, Data Execute Protection was introduced with the Athlon 64 and most
subsequent CPU's and Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later. My motherboard has
a BIOS setting that allows me to turn off Data Execution Prevention, but I
just go to Control Panel in Windows XP , Performance & Maintenance,
Advanced, Performance [settings tab], Data Execution Prevention - at which
point you finally arrive at the point at which you can change the behavior.
Changing it to Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I
select SHOULD allow you to get around a crashing program. I have had to do
this for some older programs from time to time to get them going on Win XP
SP2 or later. You really do have to jump through hoops to get to the
setting.
This sort of thing is why I LOVE LINUX SO MUCH :)

I don't know if the above is relevant or will even help, but considering the
error you quoted, it is likely the cause.