[Coco] CoCo Memory Map Assembly Language Equates

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat Sep 18 22:30:18 EDT 2010

Little John wrote:

> As for mamou - it assembled my source code before I even got my finger
> off the ENTER key - whereas Disk EDTASM+ under Vcc gave me time for a
> coffee, breakfast, a trip to town and a couple of movies (that's an
> exaggeration obviously)

While true, it is not fair or reasonable to compare a program running on a 1MHz
computer (Coco) vs an equivalent program running on a computer that is thousands
of times faster.
If you really want to compare mamou and Disk EDTASM+, then either speed up VCC
and/or slow down your PC to a clock rate similar to the Coco emulation.
By the way you can speed up assembly with Disk EDTASM+ by using the no-listing
switch /NL.

I did test the assembly with my version of Disk EDTASM+ using an 80 column
screen. Your MEMMAP files assembled with no problem. Most of the listing
(including the line numbers) fits within an 80 column screen and can easily be read.