[Coco] DECB or ECB Compiler

Little John sales at gimechip.com
Sat Sep 18 20:16:30 EDT 2010

Carlos,
There were three compilers for the Color Computer that I remember. The first
was by Aardvark International and was very limited being hybrid BASIC/ML
itself. The second was either wasatchware's or Cer-Comp's - I can't remember
which of these two came first. Initially, Wasatchware's MLBASIC was for the
CoCo 1 and 2. Later, MLBASIC was for the CoCo 3. Cer-Comp offered CBASIC for
the CoCo 1 and 2 and later CBASIC 3 for the CoCo 3. Now, even if you could
find these, I couldn't be sure they would work on the clones - it depends
upon how close the clones are to the CoCo. MLBASIC for the CoCo 3 and CBASIC
3 supported most (if not all) of the CoCo 3 BASIC commands, however, a
compiled program with one of these CoCo 3 compilers would only run on a CoCo
3 because the CoCo 1 and 2 lack the hardware needed for much of the advanced
graphics commands, 40/80 column screens, etc. Also, I believe all of the
compilers were integer only. If anyone has better info or corrections on
this, or even where to find the older MLBASIC and CBASIC for CoCo 1 and 2 -
please let us know - Thanks