[Coco] Software offer and Drive Pak solution

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Sat Sep 18 16:51:23 EDT 2010

Roger Taylor wrote:
> >I do wish I had some way to do CoCo development on my Linux box; not
> >that I currently have the time or a project in mind, much - but
> >knowing I had that option would be nice. Maybe the Rainbow IDE would
> >run under Wine?
>
> Yes, the Rainbow IDE will run under the Wine Windows emulator in Linux.

And there are other - perhaps more familiar to a Unix user - ways,
sans-IDE.  Nothing stopping you writing a nice Makefile, and using
a command line assembler.

http://www.hermannseib.com/english/opensource.htm
  - a09: old project based on native Flex assembler, nice and fast
http://www.6809.org.uk/dragon/asm6809.shtml
  - slowish as it's perl, tries to be "like a09 but better"
http://toolshed.sourceforge.net/
  - contains mamou, not sure where the docs are though
http://pgb-arb.homeip.net/ashtml/asxxxx.htm
  - various assemblers, not used them myself

Of course the syntax accepted will vary between all of them: I like the
a09- (and thus presumably TSC-) style local labels.  mamou doubtless
does 6309 as I think they build NitrOS-9 with it.

..ciaran