[Coco] PAL Coco 1/2 schematics/timings

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Sat Sep 18 08:29:07 EDT 2010

> Mark,
>
> I have Schematics / Service Manuals for most of the European PAL boards
> (starting with one of the first 4K PAL CoCo 1 from 1980/81 or so (serial
> #3xx, wasn't that named an "F-Board"?)
<snip>

> Best regards,
> Torsten

No, the "F" or 283 board was the last version of the CoCo 1 and had a lower
limit of 16k, with hardware provisions for 64k accessable with OS-9.  4k
would have been a "D" or earlier board.  The "E" board had no provisions for
4k, but required added wireing for 64k.  Few "C" or earlier boards were
released for sale, so data on them is limited.

Bruce W.