[Coco] Software offer and Drive Pak solution

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 03:28:49 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 12:35 AM, Lothan <lothan at newsguy.com> wrote:
> What's the connection between Mono and Larry Ellison or are you confusing
> Mono with Java?

I think that is indeed the case.  I've not heard anyone express
concern about Java, except on this mailing list.  From what I
understand, the lawsuit against Google has nothing to do with
applications written in Java, and programmers working in Java has
absolutely nothing to worry about.  Java is GPL, and it's use in
applications is expressed granted by the license.  It is Google's
changes to the JVM they used on Android phones which has upset Oracle.
 They don't have a problem with or case against developers of
applications.