[Coco] Software offer and Drive Pak solution

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Sep 16 23:30:06 EDT 2010

On Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:26:58 pm tim lindner did opine:

> Roger Taylor <operator at coco3.com> wrote:
> > I wish that someone could clone or emulate the .NET system
> > on other platforms and we'd be done with it.
>
> They have. It's called Mono.
>
> http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

And what is its patent status?  The possibility that one could waste a year
working on a project in mono, only to have Larry Ellison decide to sue you
for patent infringement, is a possibility that is not 'vanishingly small'.

For no other reason, I wouldn't touch mono with a 50 foot cat5 cable.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)