[Coco] Deskmate 3 article link

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu Sep 16 15:17:53 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 06:23:37PM -0500, john dumas wrote:
>  On 9/15/2010 5:15 AM, Willard Goosey wrote:

> True. I was MOTs circuit design engr for the VDG. Memory is dim now
> but, I believe that the first expected customer was a game company
> that bowed out before production of the chip.

Heh, their loss.  I think the VDG was a very impressive chip, and that
the lack of hardware sprites was a feature, not a bug.  Sprite-based
video controllers are a pain in the butt if you're trying to do
anything but a video game.

> >documentation about the 6809, I feel that their engineers hoped to
> >take over the entire world with it.  Therefore, I kind of doubt that

> Amen to that!!! Terry and Joel (and many others) thought that the 09 would
> be the best 8 bitter ever seen...........It was........

Their love of the 09 comes through even in dry technical docs like the
old Data Books.

I don't think you'll get any argument on this list that the 6809 is
the best 8-bit CPU ever made.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA