[Coco] plug'n'power controller manual?

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Mon Sep 13 10:27:01 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 08:08:49PM -0500, Christopher Hawks wrote:
> Aaron Wolfe said the following on 09/10/2010 07:28 PM:
> >I've searched the usual labyrinths but can't seem to find a scan of
> >the manual for this guy.  Anybody know where one is?
> >
> >-Aaron
> >
> >--
> >

> Aaron:
>
> 	The manual doesn't have anything about the protocol, but, it is
> available online. Lots of PD programs including
> www.rtsi.com/OS9/OS9_6X09/APPS/x10_src.lzh

I could be wrong, but that seems to be written for use with a cm11a
(or some other RS232 device) rather than the cassette-port attached
device sold by RS for the CoCo.  For example, in tty.c it calls
open on DEVNAME (defined as "/t1")-- seemingly indicating use of an
SCF driver.  The comments from the binary package also suggest that
this was ported from Unix-based sources and that the host for the
6809 port was actually a Gimix system.

So if this is indeed for the RS cassette-port attached device then
there is a missing driver to make that look like a serial port...?

John