[Coco] plug'n'power controller manual?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 12:44:57 EDT 2010

On Saturday, September 11, 2010 12:21:46 pm Stephen H. Fischer did opine:

> Hi,
>
> I can also confirm that these work fine. I have ~ 10.
>
> Of special note, I control all mine with my IR. TV, VCR, ... remote
> control.
>
> On the X10 web site there is model "IR543" which receives IR. and sends
> the commands out on the power lines.
>
> I programmed my CoCo 2 plug'n'power two years ago for controlling one
> light so the burglars would think I am at home and go onto the next
> house.
>
> Still working but the time has drifted a little.
>
> SHF

That is one of the features of the cm11a and similar devices.  The cm11a
has battery backup in it, a pair of AAA cells that will last years.  But if
it detects a power failure (it keep time like an old motor driven electric
clock) it sends a one byte command back to the computer that tells heyu it
needs its clock reset, and if the heyu_engine is running, it will be done
automatically, leaving a trace in the log file that it was done.