[Coco] X10 Protocol for communicating with the CM11A

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 22:59:26 EDT 2010

This is the protocol used to communicate with the CM11A from a computer...

ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/cm11a_protocol.txt

  I do not know if this is the same protocol used with the PnP for the coco
or other devices.
  I do know the coco PnP cart uses FSK on the cassette port. Tandy could
have devised their own protocol. It sounds like about 1200 baud or maybe a
little faster but, not much.

  Here is the X10 standard used on our power lines...

http://www.x10.com/support/technology1.htm

  If someone with the knowledge of assembly language can obtain the basic or
basic09 version of software to operate the PnP timer, then we would then
discover what RS did. I think. HUH?

  The RS Basic version pokes the ML driver in ram upon startup. I would only
assume the OS9 version comes with the driver. My copy of the RS Basic
program is on a 3.5 floppy and right now, I have no way to send it to anyone
or post in on my website. My main coco is broken and I haven't had time to
fix it. UGH! This PC has no floppy drive in it and the one with that RS
Basic version is also broken. I hate that!!!!

  I have a "Bill Gates" house, so to speak. Several things on timer and on
demand things are done either on the RS PnP timers or from this PC.  If I
had an OS9 driver, I could do some real, "real time" things from my coco.
I'm holding my breath to see where this goes. Been dropping in for several
years on this list to find some interest in this and now it seems it's
finally happening.

  Thanks for joining MY little club. <grin>

George