[Coco] Raaka-Tu NitrOS-9 Project

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Fri Sep 10 11:44:21 EDT 2010

I want to make everyone aware of a new project that I'm working on and invite others to join in on: a version of the Raaka-Tu adventure game ported to NitrOS-9.

This was my favorite game when I first started messing around with computers in 1981, and I played it incessantly at my friend's house.  It was a cassette based game but I've always wanted to see it run under OS-9.

The source code was obtained from this site: http://computerarcheology.com/raakatu/raakatu.html and has been reformatted to assemble under mamou.  In the 3rdparty/packages/raakatu folder is a makefile and the source to the game.  The makefile builds a bootable disk image with the Raaka-Tu binary in CMDS.  The current state of the source is that all absolute code references have been changed to relative references, but there are still some bugs to be worked out. I would appreciate any and all help on this project.

You can view the source at http://nitros9.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/nitros9/nitros9/3rdparty/packages/raakatu/

Note that there are two source files: raaka-tu.asm which was an earlier disassembly attempt of mine that uses some rather hackish methods to get the binary to run in NitrOS-9, and raakatu.asm, which is the newer disassembly from the website above.  It is this second file that I am adapting to be a full-fledged, position independent application that can run under NitrOS-9.
--
Boisy G. Pitre
http://www.tee-boy.com/