[Coco] Orchestra-90 (again)

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 22:00:14 EDT 2010

Hi all,

a while ago, I asked some questions regarding Orchestra-90. I'd like to
produce ASCII files from the optimized Orchestra-90 files I have on disk
(OS9 disk, of course :) ).

I've been doing some investigation, and found that it's not just a simple
high-bit-set situation. There appears to be a lot more involved.

Sadly, I don't have space to set up my Coco 3 to do more investigation on
the real thing. Hmmm. maybe I can use the emulator for some more testing....
just thought of that now.

Could some adventurous soul here make a short O-90 file and save it in both
"standard" (non-optimized) format, and in optimized format, and save both to
a disk file, and email that to me?

Meanwhile I'll try to use an emulator to do the same thing to see if that
works.

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia

--
Besides a mathematical inclination, an exceptionally good mastery of one's
native tongue is the most vital asset of a competent programmer.

Edsger W.Dijkstra, 18 June 1975