[Coco] Coordinated CoCo Conference #1

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Wed Oct 27 21:48:06 EDT 2010

On 10/27/2010 12:33 PM, tim lindner wrote:

> Also I am going to make a demand. If you are reading this and thought,
> "No way am I parcipitating in that". You _have_ to publicly respond to
> this email and state why.

OK, I'll byte:

1) I don't have skype, and don't plan on setting it up anytime soon.
(Does it even work on Linux?)

2) I'm not really all that keen on that form of communication; I have to
attend webinars for work on occasion (and I have to set them up for
others quite often) and I find them more of a PITA than the effort
they're worth.

=-=-=

I'm much more of an "eyeball QSO" kind of guy; On the phone I have a
hard enough time dealing with one individual, if there's a "round table"
forum then dang-nabbit, there better be a *round table* with people
around it discussing old computers, the occasional smartass joke and a
barmaid bringing copious quantities of beer. That I can deal with. ;-)

[[ And don't even get me started on cellphones - I can't believe that
it's taken technology 100 years to finally get to the voice quality of
100 years ago... I thought stuff was supposed to get *better*??? ]]

=-=-=

I suppose all that ranting could be summed up by one simple phrase:
"Roger Likey Email." ;-)

BTW, I'm not ranting at you or anything, and I certainly hope your
skypey thingamabob goes off well and everybody there has one helluva
time. I'm just a bit more old-fashioned, I guess.

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger