[Coco] Ok, maybe not the drive after all.

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Sun Oct 24 18:08:39 EDT 2010

On 10/24/2010 04:30 PM, Arthur Flexser wrote:
> I'd first try cleaning the disk controller contacts (both surfaces), a
> common source of weird glitches.  A pencil eraser works nicely.

One (very small) nit to pick: A *white* pencil eraser works nicely -- I
have a drafting eraser that I purchased in college that works wonders...
also, if you're like me and make a *lot* of errors while writing, the
Pentel mechanical pencils that have the bigger "twist up" white erasers
(Pentel calls 'em "Twist-Erase") also work great - I rarely have less
than 4 of these pencils in my possession at any one time... I make a
*lot* of mistakes! ;-)

These pencils:
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/404261/Pentel-Twist-Erase-III-Automatic-Pencil/

I've seen some of the pink erasers (especially the "dollar store
specials") leave a weird pink residue that I try to avoid...

>  If that didn't cure things, I'd reseat the RAM chips and 6809.

Also check for dustbunnies & whatnot -- it doesn't take much dust to
defeat convective cooling.

Here's the source of a RAM test program:

http://www.cs.unc.edu/~yakowenk/coco/pgms/tm.asm

Hope that helps!
Roger "Merch" Merchberger