[Coco] Drivewire vs Coconet Can anyone tell me a reason to use one over the other?

Little John sales at gimechip.com
Thu Oct 21 23:28:11 EDT 2010

Dabone,
Use a 27C256.
Stack drivewire twice making it 16K. Burn this into the lower part of the
27C256.
Burn CoCoNet into the upper 16K Space.
Then you can actually attach a jumper directly to the upper address line of
the 27C256 allowing it to be jumpered to GND or VCC - this will switch
between the two 16K "Banks" and choosing either DW or CN.

I'll not debate which is better. That always seems to get an argument
started - I like them both and each has it's place. Aaron's implementation
of DriveWire 4 allows emulation of Virtual Dot Matrix printers which is a
cool feature. Still, I use them both :)

If you need any help in "bulding" a bankable eprom from a 27C256, give me a
yell - I can help you get one going. Come to think of it, it would probably
work really well in the Blank Cartridge boards that my son made and sells.
Or if you have an FDC with a 28-pin socket, even better. If your FDC has a
24-pin socket, get in touch with Mark Marlette and get one of his 24 to 28
pin socket adapters - they're great pieces of hardware.
Big John